Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lucid Dreaming ((A Review))

I recently received a Lucid Dream #18 vibrator from the nifty sex toys store, Vibrator.com.
So, since they were nice enough to send it to me, I'm happy to talk about it.

The first thing I noticed about the Lucid Dream #18 was the color. Bright beautiful blue that makes me want to hang it in my window and show off the pretty colors to guests. I really like the color. The whole thing is attractive.

The toy itself arrived in one of those everyday US Postal packages, and I was pleasantly surprised to find and envelope of extra little goodies inside with it. Nothing much; a company flier, some Vibrator.com stickers (very cute and creative, I love them), a sample of Astroglide lubricant, and two sets of AA batteries (the toy only needs one set).
Hm, interesting.
And awesome, really.
The stickers and sample are a delightful little addition, especially with the extra batteries. I felt so special. It seems this little promotion package comes with every order, the sample product varying occasionally. That's very cool. Extra props to Vibrator.com for giving their service an extra little oomph. (Actually, that Hotels.com commercial with the two shampoos comes to mind. But hey, everyone loves free stuff! ^-^)

Now, the second thing I noticed about the Lucid Dream #18 was the smell. Eek! I opened the box and out wafes this uber-plastic seran wrap scent! I was opening it before bed and I actually had to put it on the other side of the room before I could fall asleep that night. It's pretty strong. But after the first use and first cleaning, the smell has died down fairly well, so now I can only smell it when it's actually right next to my nose.
Toys start out that way sometimes, it's no big deal.

Now let's talk basics.
#18 is a beautiful blue internal & external vibrator about a hand and a half long, made of a soft smooth jelly. It has four speeds, and attaches to a similarly blue controlling. Easy to insert batteries, easy to use, even easy to clean. It's also waterproof and very quiet.

Internally, this toy won't do that much for the average sex-toy user. But if you've never used an internal toy before, this really might be a good way to start out. It's so smooth that sliding it in is no problem. No discomfort or anything. It's not too thick and not too long, so if it's your first toy, it might be a good way to get yourself ready for a higher level dildo, if that's what you're looking for.

Externally, it actually works pretty well. It doesn't get very strong (which I'll talk about later), and if you hold onto the bullet base in the middle when you first turn it on, you'll barely be able to feel it, but somehow it sends the vibrations right up to the tip and keeps them there. The winning factor is that it actually did bring me to orgasm. It took a while, but it did, and I'm a pretty tough critic. I was surprised.

In the sensation department, I have to say this thing's no rocket. It's highest setting seems to resemble what the good stong vibrators start out on for the far lower settings. It's a medium-low sort of feeling. Never-the-less, I can't say I dislike this toy. And with how critical I usually am about low-powered toys, that is a bit surprising. I don't know why, I just like this one anyway.

I was a little confused about the size at first. Why have the handle on a jelly toy so big? But I've actually grown to like it; bending it to fit whatever position I feel like playing in.
I haven't tried it anally (not quite my thing) but supposedly it is anal-friendly too.
See? This things just neat all around.

You can also get more toys like the Lucid Dream #18 in the traditional vibrators category on the Vibrator.com site.

They were also nice enough to send me a small bottle of Moist Personal Lubricant. This comes in a cute clear pump bottle, is water based and condom-compatable, and does it's job nicely. I didn't need it too much with this toy, thanks to its thin smooth shape, but you can never have enough lubricant and I definitely appreciate it.
It does, however, leave a sticky residue afterwards. That was a bit of a bummer.

They have plenty of other water based lubricants though, if you want to check them out.

Overall I was very pleased with the entire package from Vibrator.com, and even though the toy isn't particularly strong, it's a good one.

Have fun, Play safe.
~Sin


No comments: