Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Lied.

Sorry, I lied. I went out of town Friday night and didn't have time to post up the winners. I WILL, however, do it tonight. I pprrrrroooomissseeee. No lies. Promise Promise.

In the meantime, how about some light reading from Kushiel's Justice? Check it out...

"Shame." I said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Shame is a spice, my lord," Mignon said softly. "Why have you come
here if you do not understand this?"

"Because," I said, "Alyssum starts with an 'A'."
"Then I will have to show you."
It was not, I think, the way assignations usually went in Alyssum
House; or mayhap it was common. I do not know. Mignon sat on my lap and stroked my face, her fingers quivering. She rained soft kisses on me, her breath quickening, and pressed herself against me. Her body trembled in truth, and yet she radiated heat and the tips of her rounded breasts were taut with desire as they rubbed against my chest. She whispered in my ear, telling me in a broken voice all the things she wished me to do to her, until I groaned aloud.

I understood.

~Jacqueline Carey

Kushiel's Legacy, Book 5

No comments: